Welcome Mark Graban’s LeanBlog Podcast listeners!
Thank you for following the podcasts that I’ve recorded with Mark Graban’s Lean Blog, including our most recent podcast released December 11, 2018. You can find links to all of my podcasts and webinars for the Lean Blog, Gemba Academy, IEX, and more on my media page.
I’ve added some links at the end of this page to take you directly to some posts I’ve written about the people and places I mentioned in the podcasts.
KBJ Anderson Japan Lean Study Trip – Special offer
If you ready to take your understanding of operational excellence – and people development – to the next level, join me in Japan for an unparalleled week of learning May 12-18, 2019!
Contact me and apply by the end of December 2018 and get a special discount of $200 the trip price (mention the Mark Graban podcast when you apply).
Full trip details can be found on the KBJ Anderson Japan Study Trip website.
Register today to not miss out on this high-value unique trip!
“This experience was transformational. I would absolutely recommend the Japan Lean Study Trip to anyone even remotely considering it.”
“Katie Anderson was exceptionally skilled, and her experiential knowledge of living in Japan was tremendous.”
“You can read all you want, but there is no comparison to seeing how the Japanese culture approaches operational excellence.”
“It was one of my best trips in my life.”
– Japan Lean Study Trip May 2018 participants
Join an AME Lean Consortium
Want to learn about the AME San Francisco Bay Area Consortium that I facilitate, or one of the Consortia in another U.S. metro area (including Salt Lake City, Chicagoland, Indianapolis, San Diego, Cleveland, and others)? Check out the SF Bay Area Consortium website or the general AME Consortia webpages.
Toyota Leadership Lessons from Isao Yoshino
One of the most special experiences of moving to Japan was befriending Mr. Isao Yoshino, a 40-year Toyota leader and one of John Shook’s first managers at Toyota.
Here are two resources with insights from Isao Yoshiono that you might enjoy:
- click here to get Isao Yoshino’ tips for “How to Ask Effective Questions” from our join breakout session European Lean Healthcare Summit – October 2018
- Click here to get your own copy of the top 10 Toyota leadership lessons that Mr. Yoshino has shared with me.
Learning how to ask effective questions as a Lean leader
You can read more insights and highlights from my conversations with Isao Yoshino from the past 3+ years by browsing the “Isao Yoshino” category on my blog, including this post about our October 2018 joint-session at the European Lean Healthcare Summit in Amsterdam:
Free Personal Improvement A3 Coaches Guide
The Personal Improvement A3 Coaches guide includes example questions and coaching tips on how to use the A3 framework to support the development of yourself and others.
You can also find a variety of blog posts related to the Personal Improvement A3 thinking process here on my website.
Practice more in person
Want more practice?
Keep learning more
Sign up for my newsletter and stay informed of the most recent blog posts, book giveaways, and other specials!
Links to highlights mentioned in other podcasts with Mark Graban
Below are links to some blog posts I’ve written about the people and places I mentioned in the podcast. Please explore the rest of my blog too for even more about Lean, Leadership and Life in Japan.
Conversations with Mr. Isao Yoshino
- (Toyota) Lean Leadership Lessons (Part 1) and Gemba Visit to Toyota City, Japan
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 2 – Chance Encounter at Nagoya Station
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 3 – Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 4 – Helping to Develop People
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 5 — “If you believe you are perfect, you won’t find the answer”
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 6 — “Coach like you are making sushi”
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 7 – Insights into how “respect for people” and “continuous improvement” became the pillars of the Toyota Way
- A3 Thinking History and Insights from John Shook and Isao Yoshino in the Lean Post
Lean Hospitals in Japan
Ashikaga – the 5S City
Enjoy reading and learning!