Gemba Academy just published a podcast that I recorded with Ron Pereira at the AME Conference in San Diego a month ago.
Ron and I recorded our first podcast together in July last year, and it was great to get a chance to talk with each other once again. This time was even more fun, as it was recorded in person! Ron and I are both pretty energetic people – and we built upon each others’ energy. I had a big smile on my face the entire time.
I hope you enjoy our conversation as much as I did.
You can link directly to the podcast here.
— Kevin Meyer (@Kevin_Meyer) October 30, 2018
In the Gemba Academy podcast we covered such topics as:
- One of my favorite quotes that I repeat to myself almost daily (and is linked to “Getting out of the Habit of Telling” – which I talked about in this 10-minute “Lean Talk”) – this is actually the same quote that I shared in the first podcast recorded with Gemba Academy!
- A bit about my background and what I’ve been working on lately
- Stories I’ve learned from Mr. Isao Yoshino during our interviews for the leadership book we are writing together – including one particularly powerful story about learning about the culture of respect and what being a leader at Toyota is all about
- Where my passion for developing people comes from
- About the AME Consortia program – especially the San Francisco Bay Area Consortium that I have the honor of facilitating. Ron is actually coming out to the Bay Area in December to lead a Toyota Kata learning program for members – I’m looking forward to hosting him!
- My next Japan Lean Study trip in May 2019 – with a special focus on people and culture, including time with Isao Yoshino and other Japanese leaders (come join us – there is a special discount for Gemba Academy podcast listeners – check out the link provided in the podcast)
- Some tips for those at the beginning of their lean journeys as well as more seasoned practitioners – (hint, it’s all about getting a little bit better each day and focusing on the principles!)
Get some special resources such as the Personal Improvement Coaching Guide and tips from Isao Yoshino on a key leadership skill – asking more effective principles on a special link I’ve created for Gemba Academy podcast listeners!
My #AMESanDiego selfie – with @ronpereira after wrapping up an in-person podcast for @GembaAcademy. Awesome to see and meet so many #lean connections at @AMEConnect’s annual conference. pic.twitter.com/RSwcqjXkK0
— Katie Anderson (@kbjanderson) October 30, 2018
What do you think?
What comments or questions do you have? Feel free to leave them in the comments section below. I always respond!
If you enjoyed this Gemba Academy Podcast, you might be interested in some other podcasts I’ve recorded such as these ones below. Other podcasts and webinars can be found on my Media page.
Sign up for my newsletter
Want to be the first to know about what I’m exploring on the topics of leadership, coaching, and developing people – and more insights from Japan? Sign up below to be added to the distribution list.