Podcast #302 – Katie Anderson on Japan: Standard Work, Customers, and Healthcare
Thank you for following the podcast that I recently did with Mark Graban. I enjoyed speaking with Mark about my experiences living in Japan for 18 months and how this time shaped my perspective a Lean thinker and practitioner.
I’ve added some links at the end of this page to take you directly to some posts I’ve written about the people and places I mentioned in the podcast.
Register to win!
As Mark and I discussed at the end of the podcast, readers of his and my blogs have a chance to register to win a FREE copy of Mark’s book “Lean Hospitals”, plus a daruma doll that I brought back from Japan.
CLICK HERE to register for the giveaway! Remember to share the special link sent to you after registering to increase your odds of winning. Good luck!
You can also buy Mark’s book “Lean Hospitals” on Amazon: Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement, Third Edition
Mr. Isao Yoshino’s top 10 leadership lessons
I have pulled together 10 top leadership lessons from Mr. Isao Yoshino, a 40-year Toyota leader and one of John Shook’s first managers at Toyota. Click here to get your own copy.
Highlights from the podcast
Below are links to some blog posts I’ve written about the people and places I mentioned in the podcast. Please explore the rest of my blog too for even more about Lean, Leadership and Life in Japan.
Conversations with Mr. Isao Yoshino
- (Toyota) Lean Leadership Lessons (Part 1) and Gemba Visit to Toyota City, Japan
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 2 – Chance Encounter at Nagoya Station
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 3 – Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 4 – Helping to Develop People
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 5 — “If you believe you are perfect, you won’t find the answer”
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 6 — “Coach like you are making sushi”
- Toyota Leadership Lessons: Part 7 – Insights into how “respect for people” and “continuous improvement” became the pillars of the Toyota Way
- A3 Thinking History and Insights from John Shook and Isao Yoshino in the Lean Post
Lean Hospitals in Japan
Ashikaga – the 5S City
Enjoy reading and learning!
Keep learning more
As I mentioned in the podcast, I’m still working through a backlog of interesting experiences I had last year in Japan. Don’t miss out – sign up to be notified when I publish new posts: